Are you curious as to whether the Salomon Ultra 4 are the ultimate hiking shoe? Take a glance at my honest Salomon X Ultra 4 review to find out!
As a seasoned hiker, I’ve had the pleasure of donning Salomon’s X Ultra 4 GTX hiking shoe for several days’ worth of vigorous activity. Although this pair is strictly for backpacking trips, they’re quite suitable for strenuous excursions on trails or even frequent commutes – provided one doesn’t need anything particularly sturdy!
Review: Salomon X Ultra 4
To kick off, let’s take a look at all three distinct categories that constitute the X Ultra 4. These encompass convenience, comfort and durability; with each being essential in order to obtain an optimal experience while hiking!
At the end of a long day on the trail, my feet need to be comfy – and they’re certainly not complaining with the Salomon X Ultra 4.
The mesh upper allowed for unrestricted airflow, while providing ample support. I found no signs of fatigue near the heel or forefoot within the first few hours of use!
Additionally, I didn’t experience any discomfort after wearing them for over 10+ hours straight; thus demonstrating their enduring comfort!
The X Ultra is a well-constructed, lightweight shoe suitable for all sorts of excursions. However, don’t expect it to withstand the rigors of lengthy hikes or extended treks into the wilderness. Though not suited for long-term use, I believe it can last you through several informal days out on trails. If you’re planning on spending lots of time in these shoes without any breaks, they’ll likely wear out more quickly than those which have been built with durability in mind.
I’ve put over two months of continuous use on these shoes, and they were still in great condition after that period had elapsed. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if certain areas show signs of wear even after four months’ worth of hiking; specifically where areas rub against one another and around heel cup contact points –like the insides of your toes and heels!
At just over 10 ounces (or 1.2 pounds), the Salomon X Ultra 4 is one of the lightest hiking shoes on the market, which makes them ideal for trekking and lightweight backpacking trips. You won’t need to worry about lugging around a heavy pair of footwear when out in nature!
During my time testing this product, I did not experience any discomfort from wearing these hiking shoes. However, if you have an aversion to puffy toes or wide feet – then this might not be the best choice for you.
Like most of Salomon’s hiking footwear, the Salomon X Ultra 4 Gore Tex also provides substantial arch support. The Post Rocker System and Heel Lock entry provide a secure fit even with rugged terrain; while they do not completely eliminate foot fatigue during extended hikes.
The upper of Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid GTX model is constructed from a lightweight textile fabric, which contributes to its light weight but ultimately reduces breathability. In contrast, EVA heel cushioning offers additional impact resistance during regular wear.
The sole plate in the X Ultra is crafted from a combination of TPU and rubber materials for optimal durability and responsiveness. This design of Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid GTX creates an ideal balance between flexibility and rigidity for all types of terrains.
With its durable upper, the Salomon X Ultra 4 mid’s upper is crafted from mesh material; consisting of a durable yet lightweight fabric that reflects less than 10% of light. This characteristic ultimately makes the overall fit of this hiking shoe quite comfortable – particularly for me as I have experienced some irritation with their previous pair.
With a width that ranges from D to E, I was able to obtain a snug fit along with no ill effects after just one wear!
Salomon has done a commendable job at congruently crafting an ideal hiking boot. With each iteration of the Salomon Ultra 4, they have managed to fine-tune its design and constructions to create an all-around exceptional model for seasoned explorers desiring maximum versatility on their excursions.
Priced at $199 USD or $249 CAD, my pair of Salomon X Ultra 4 boots comes in at $200 USD or $250 CAD – a modest price with regard to those seeking quality hiking footwear.
Salomon X Ultra 4 GTX Review, Ease of Use: 10/10
You simply cannot beat this Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid GTX hiking boot’s abundant utility! It boasts a plethora of features that make it suitable for any trekking occasion along with this Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid review; from exploring remote beaches yet still being able to navigate around town when necessary.
Novelty Factor: 8/10
With the X Ultra, Salomon has proven that its long-standing dedication to trail innovation and design is alive and well. These Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid Gore-Tex shoes have a penchant for exhilarating trails with their state-of-the-art features while simultaneously exuding an aura of mystery due to their sleek appearance – no wonder why they’ve become so sought after!
Hikers are always on the lookout for unique hiking options, which makes this a highly coveted shape. Add to this, if you find yourself in possession of Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid Gore-Tex, chances are it will likely be noticed upon sight!
The size 15, as well as the two additional sizes that follow with a 10, 11 and 12; each come in both men’s and women’s versions – perfect for accommodating those looking for optimum versatility across genders.
1. Excellent traction: It offers exceptional traction on a variety of terrains, including wet and slippery surfaces, ensuring you feel secure and stable during your hikes.
2. Lightweight and comfortable: The lightweight construction of the X Ultra 4, making it ideal for long hikes and extended wear. The shoes are also known for their comfortable fit, with ample cushioning and support, reducing fatigue and discomfort.
3. Durability: The high-quality materials and solid construction ensure they can withstand rough terrain and regular use for an extended period like Adidas Terrex Swift R2 Gtx.
4. Quick-drying: The Salomon X Ultra 4 GTX incorporates breathable materials that allow for faster drying, even after crossing water bodies or encountering wet conditions. This feature helps prevent blisters and keeps your feet comfortable throughout your hike.
5. Versatile design: Can be used for various outdoor activities such as hiking, backpacking, etc. The stylish appearance of the Salomon X Ultra 4 GTX is an added bonus.
1. Size selection: It is advisable to refer to size guides of Salomon Ultra shoes before making a purchase as this is hiking shoe.
2. Limited waterproofing: While the Salomon X Ultra 4 GTX is water-resistant to a certain extent, a few testers have noted that the Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots shoes may not be completely waterproof. This could be a concern if you frequently hike in wet or rainy conditions.
3. Laces durability: The laces of the Salomon X Ultra 4 hiking shoes may not be durable. Some fraying or breaking after prolonged use can occur. However, replacing the laces is a simple fix.
4. Arch support: Although the Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid Gtx hiking boots offer good overall support, but the arch support could be improved a bit for for individuals with specific foot conditions or high arches.
Conclusion: Salomon X Ultra 4 Review
The X Ultra 4 is an undeniably trail-blazing hiking shoe that utilizes a new approach to cushioning for hikers. While doing Salomon X Ultra 4 review I have realized that, rather than relying solely on air cushions, this model employs a mesh-like material that’s designed in conjunction with the super fly mesh for enhanced support and comfort. With this, you’ll experience a new level of cushioning in an all-terrain style. This super lightweight hiking shoe is sure to make an impression on those who try it!